Welcome to EDU 572! Good luck setting up your blogs and getting started. This will be an interactive way to communicate about class topics, articles, learning logs, etc. Hopefully, it will be a worthwhile learning experience for all of you.
Please respond to this post. This will let us know that you have successfully created a blog account and are able to navigate through the site.
Thank you and we look forward to a great semester!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, it's Jassy Hejza just letting you know that I have created my blog account!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHello! I have my blog up and running.
ReplyDeleteThe site address is http://ebenigno87.blogspot.com
-Ellen Benigno
Hello, I have my blog up and running also
ReplyDeletehttp://emusto.blogspot.com
Erik Musto
Hello. I have my blog complete. It can be found at http://jjones-jjones.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteJennifer Jones
Hi! I have created my blog account. It can be viewed at
ReplyDeletehttp://kjones-kjones.blogspot.com/
Karrie Jones
Hello. This is Mike Carter. My blog and my first reading log are online. My address is http://tmcarter-mcarter.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHi! This is Brittany Matiash. My blog is set up at http://bmatiash.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteHello! This is Michelle Truesdell. My blog is set up at http://mtruesdell.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteHi! This is Casie Croff. I have set up my blog at http://casiecroff.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteMy reading log for chapters 1 and 2 are posted.
Hi Connie Devlin, I went to the computer lab before going home. Here is my blog
ReplyDeletehttp://cdevlin.blogspot.com
I agree with what B. Matiash had to say about utilizing too much time in trying to figure out why students have reading disabilities. The focus needs to be on where the student is currently at, not where they should be. Next, a flexible plan on how you intend to get your student to where they should be needs to be put in place.
ReplyDeleteIn response to J. Hejza comment about the struggling readers in her classroom, I think reading is developmental and what works best for some five-year-olds will not click for others. I think if you give your students the correct strategies and continue to model them in a very positive way the meaning will eventually come. Lucky you with 5 students in your class-I have never had that!
ReplyDeleteI agree with C. Devlin second quote about how success is a powerful motivating factor. I see this often with my primary students. Once something clicks for them, especially reading, they are so proud of their accomplishments they want to continue the literate activity.
ReplyDeleteIn response to C. Monteleone second quote about encouraging students to express themselves in literature: I believe this can be difficult and frustrating at times. I think the best way for students to learn how to express themselves is through modeling. If the teacher models her views, opinions and connections about the text aren’t enough then I suggest you try role-playing with your students. I think you need to show your students instead of telling them. I have used these strategies successfully with my elementary students. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Ellen's statement of "these basic conventions are the crucial base to be successful in reading." I also believe these beginning skills/awareness about print are often taken for granted. I know through experience how important these concepts of print are for the pre-emergent reader. Concepts of print need to be modeled by all early childhood teachers.
ReplyDeleteEllen also brought up some great points about concepts of print in regards to her ESL classroom. These ESL students are learning to read and write a whole new language and need to focus on learning concepts of print, just like our young pre-emergent readers.