Thursday, February 12, 2009

J's QRI---Due 3/11/09

Copy "Biddy Mason" from your QRI book (pgs. 351-355). Please listen to the audio of the 7th grader reading this QRI passage. Record all responses and running records. Analyze what you have heard.

Type an outline that shows the student's:
I. Strengths
II. Areas of Concern
III. Teaching points to consider- Be sure to use the text

Be prepared to discuss your findings in class.


1 comment:

  1. My response is to J Jones on her comment on teacher investment and how it is necessary to engage the student in an active interpretation of the text. As she teaches, the diagnostic teacher adjusts her instruction to the needs of the students. I think this passage is great. I agree with J Jones that it is hard as a beginning teacher. You never really know where your students will have trouble until you teach the lesson. I think as years go on and you teach the same lesson you know what worked and what has not. Also in that passage it talks about the teacher reflecting on the lesson. This is when you write down what went well and what did not.

    My response is to C Croff on the comment on the diagnostic teacher focuses on teaching rather than testing to reveal those instructional adjustments that produce reading change for a particular student. I often wonder sometime myself if teachers forget that there are other ways to determine if change or improvement has been made without testing. I think that the teacher observing and having class discussions are one of the best ways to check on change or improvements.

    ReplyDelete